Re: [OM] OM - RIP

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - RIP
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:06:10 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:24, "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>However, personally , if "we" Olympus users do not support the various
>lenses, OM-2000, 3Ti's and 4Ti's, why should Olympus continue to make and
>sell the product if no one buys them, especially if their stock runs out.  I
>think eventually it may lead to a discontinuation, no ones in business to
>lose money.

Exactly the point I made several months ago.  When the OM2000 was
introduced several months ago, many interested parties posted to
rec.photo.* asking for comments regarding the OM2000, and most of
the response was: "You'd be better off buying a used OM-1 or OM-2."
Many of those who responded were members of this list!  Personally
I thought it was a dis-service to Olympus (and ourselves) if _WE_
recommend against buying new Olympus equipment.  Just my 2 cents.