Re: [OM] OM - RIP (in your dreams)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - RIP (in your dreams)
From: "Babis E. Mavridis" <mavridis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:39:12 +0200
Local dealers they don't make enough money any more from OM system, so they
don't like to shell it and that's why they not encouraging you to buy it.

Many of them they don't keep stock of OM system because it's an "old" and
expensive and customers-people that  don't know, they like to buy cameras
full of batteries with design like space-ship, and they shot photos with
"eyes wide close" ;-).

Dealers prefer to buy from them the new -=stupid=- digital cameras because
they have many on stock from them, and in every few weeks they lost the half
price-value.

The market believe that you must buy new thinks, new cameras time to time,
and the most dealers they are not even photographers (at least here in
Athens). So they don't really appreciate the quality of the OM, they only
see how many money they earn from you.

Personally I buy some lens and a body OM brand new, one month ago and I
don't see any problem to order it. The only problem it was (in my case too)
my local dealer that it's totally stupid on OM system and he can't help me
at all. And that's the reason that I have search on Internet to find out the
details on OM.

Ofcource Olympus can not replay to all e-mails all the time. Olympus is not
a small store you know and it's not alive because of the Internet. So
imaging who is replay your e-mail ? perhaps one person that don't know
everything about. Even in small stores in Internet that lives because of the
Internet, many times I don't get replay to my e-mail. Even I can not replay
to all my message many times of the year.

I hope OM live for long time because I can't do with out :)
Have a good month.
Babis Mavridis
http://www.medialab.ntua.gr/mavridis/first.html