Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:46:57 -0500
John Lind said:
Saw a MiG-17 fly once.  The loudest jet I've ever heard!
Guess you've never heard a B-58 "Hustler" then, John. :)

And while I'm on the subject of aircraft, I meant to comment the other
day that my dad worked on P-38's and P-51's during the war.  As a young
boy we lived next to Selfrige Field (Battle Creek, Mich) I used to watch
the P-51's flying in and out of there for hours on end.  I can still
tell the sound of a '51 like it was only yesterday.  Gives me goosebumps
when I hear one.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA