Re: [OM] OM - RIP

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - RIP
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:40:44 -0800
At 08:10 PM 1/31/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Well, I talked to my local dealer tonight, and he said that Olympus is no
>longer making the OM system and that once remaining stock is gone, there
>will be no more. With the prices they are charging, this will take some
>time. But, it is a sad day indeed. I suppose I'll start collecting OM-1's
>now, if not for spare parts, maybe for repairable bodies. Someone with
>closer ties to Olympus America should contact them to confirm this however.
>I assume they would know if anyone would.
>
>Rest In Peace, OM......:(

I e-mailed Oly Japan over a month ago and mentioned that I have to add more
equipment ( have a couple of magazine stories to do) and wanted to know
what the status was with Oly and 35mm SLR. The PR Dept e-mailed back right
away saying it might take a little time to get an answer. Subsequently
e-mailed Tobinai (the person who responded to Dave about the ES-10) several
weeks ago and again no response. Sent another off today but it looks like
they are avoiding answering anything about SLR product at all. Dirk's
comment appear to be accurate.

Barry H