Re: [OM] Dearth of OMs & Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Dearth of OMs & Zuikos
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:36:05 -0500 (EST)
> > I've noticed that as well, here in the US!  That raises a fundamental
> > question--are any Olympus products still in production?  I mean actual
> > factories cranking out gear. Or are they selling down their remaining stock
> > worldwide?
> >

> I think a bit of both.  The existance of a 4Ti for the european market
> with a different circuit is evidence that something is still alive.

Oddly enough, just this weekend I had a discussion about this very
topic with a salesman at a local photo shop.  He insisted that the
3Ti/4Ti are no longer being produced.  After debating the issue for
several minutes, he pulls out his dealer book and there in print it
says the 3Ti/4Ti are still available but no longer being produced.
He didn't actually let me see the book since it contained the current
dealer prices, but I have no reason to believe that he would lie to me.
It's also important to know that I'm located in Canada and the Olympus
dealer book is prepared by Carsen, the official Olympus importer.  So
it may be possible that Carsen made a mistake when preparing the book
since I've never seen it published before that the 3Ti/4Ti is out of
production.  I sure hope that's the case.
                        -mark