Re: [OM] Are these teles any good?

Subject: Re: [OM] Are these teles any good?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:13:45 -0800
George writes:

<< Hey, Gary, where's that 16/3.5 fisheye test data you teased us
with???
:>) >>

I'm pondering what to do about that one.  The subject magnification in a
fisheye is variable, depending on the distance from the center of the
frame  and my evaluation methodology used with other Zuikos maybe
invalid here.  The center looks GREAT, but is it PARTLY due to the
magnification of the center of the map being higher than the
magnification of the corners?  I might need to re-evaluate with the
magnification of the projected image changed to make it equal to my
benchmark (grading) slides (i.e., projected smaller for the center
evaluation and more for the corner evaluation.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV