Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 02:13:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Terry and Tracey wrote:

> Doesn't the underexposure dialled in cause the shutter speed to rise above
> 1/60, and the flash not to fire? Does on my 2SP and 4Ti.

   You know, I ALWAYS do fill-flash on manual with my OMs. I had assumed
this procedure worked, and passed it on (I did not remember a retraction
or correction back when it was posted) without trying it. My mistake.
 I just grabbed my OMPC and a T-32 and tried this, and Foxy's right. It
does not fire as the speed moves above 1/60th. Sorry, Dirk, this does
not work...learn to do manual fill. It seems difficult when you start
doing it, but is by far the most precise way (accuracy's up to you)
 there is with the OM's. Thanks for pointing that out, Foxy.

                                   *= Doris Fang =*