[OM] Large Bodies (was OT OSS etc.) - still OT

Subject: [OM] Large Bodies (was OT OSS etc.) - still OT
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:42:58 +0000
Chris Barker wrote:
-----
>I am very lucky to have flown
>Hunters, Jaguars, Tornados aaaand F-16C.
>
>But it is all finished now.  It's the short-haul holidaymakers to
>Malaga for me now!
>
>Chris
-----
Chris,

Do you actually mean that you have stopped cramming your large body into these
narrow cockpits and stopped flying?
Thought you would never do so.

Wiliam.

Wiliam

The Jaguar was the only tight cockpit, although some the F-16A's switches and ancillary controls were in such strange places around the cockpit that I never thought when I started training that I would ever do a 5 minute engine start. The Inertial Navigation control panel was quite difficult to use and the flying controls test panel was level with the left buttock. The Tornado was big but much more difficult to see out of.

Anyway, for my slim and sylph-like figure, no cockpit is likely to be a problem. Some of my 6 foot, 200 pound colleagues now... the ejection seat performance became a critical item.

No more photos from the air ... unless I go flying in a large aircraft from Incirlik.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx