Re: [OM] OM 90, 100 and 35-80 now on PHOTODO.COM

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 90, 100 and 35-80 now on PHOTODO.COM
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:24:37 +0800
I myself found the 100/2 has higher resolution than the
90/2 for distance objects, especially for less contrast
different objects. Modern Photography's test also shown
that the resolution figure of both are very close at 1:49.

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-zuiko-tests.txt

There is also an interesting comment from Photodo:

Quote Start:
=========
For example the Canon EF
200/1,8L USM has its peak at f4.
We don?t measure beyond f8 because lens
performance at small apertures is limited
more by diffraction than by optical quality.
At very small apertures all lenses are about
equally bad.
=======
Quote End.

Anyone care to comment about this? A long lens that
would degrade after F4 by diffraction?

C.H.Ling