Re: [OM] Re: Silver pollution

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Silver pollution
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:32:01 EST
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I thought that the original problem with Kodachrome was cyanide pollution
 not silver. I was under the impression that they had figured out how to get
 the sliver recovered after all it is fairly valuable. >>

According to an interview by a local newspaper with the manager of the plant
, it was the last residual Silver levels.  Even though the levels were very
low they processed so much film that the net annual amount was significant.
But maybe cyanide was an unmentioned problem too?

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx