RE: [OM] ot: squeaky camera bag straps

Subject: RE: [OM] ot: squeaky camera bag straps
From: Wayne Shumaker <wayne@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:44:13 -0500
I have been trying to figure this one out exactly. I think the plastic against
plastic parts are what squeak. I also noticed that the plastic clips can
amplify the sound. I am not sure if the strap to plastic interface squeaks.
So far the butchers wax is working, but that might be because the plastic
was turning white (plastic is black) where it is wearing, and hence could
hold the wax. A year ago when the bag was new, the wax did not help,
probably because it would not adhere. Now I am thinking the easiest
solution is to remove the clips and just run the strap through and tie.

The bag in particular is a Lowepro Photo runner. But it seems all the bags
with plastic can potentially squeak, like the Tamrac. (not sure the model)

Thanks for all the responses.

Wayne