Re: [OM] PANAROMA PHOTOS

Subject: Re: [OM] PANAROMA PHOTOS
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:20:38 -0700
Good Morning Jim and all;

I would choose a lens in the 35 to 85 range rather than a WA and stitch
together in Photo Vista.  The slightly longer lens gives (IMHO) better
foreground/background relationships and is easier to stitch with less overlap
since they have less distortion along the edges.  Be sure, which ever lens you
use, to overlap 30-50 0.000000or better matching, and by all means make sure the
camera and lens is LEVEL throughout the entire rotation.  In other words,
level the tripod at the point where the legs attach, level the head, level the
camera (check all of them as you turn the head from L-R or R-L.).

Bogen makes a wonderful panoramic head but it costs $$$. I also use the
Rolleiflex and Rollei Pan Head, not much overlap but it works and is light.  I
have above the front counter in the store a 5 shot, 220 degree landscape done
with the Rollei.

Best to all, Mike