Re: RE : [OM] SR44 BATTRIES FOR OM BODIES

Subject: Re: RE : [OM] SR44 BATTRIES FOR OM BODIES
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:24:58 EST

<< Jim wrote:

 > I've came acoss some SR44 battries rated at 1.55V which I'm afrid that it
 > might damage the circuit. Two pieces of it will be 3.1V instead of 3V,
 > anyone tried using the 1.55V before w/o damging the circuit or affecting
the
 > metering?

Jim,
    Although silver oxides are often reffered to as 1.5V they actually are
more like 1.55V during use. When calibrating the OM cameras using an external
power source the OM service manual uses a higher voltage than 3V.  In
practise off load before use they may even be more like 1.57V or so. See the
Everready or Duracell website for more information. Unfortunately the old
Everready data books which had more detailed information are no longer
available according to their tech support. If anybody is really interested I
have scans of the relevent 357/303 etc data sheets and some information from
other sources. We had some long boring discussions on this on the list
previously.

Regards,

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx