RE: [OM] FTL?

Subject: RE: [OM] FTL?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:18:14 +0100
Hi,

> What can anyone tell me about the Olympus FTL?  Was this a
> "transitional" system between the Pen and OM lines?  Is it full or half
> frame?  I'd be interested in hearing any info on this camera.  Thanx.

I have a Dutch book about the OM cameras, and it briefly treats its
predecessors. You're right, the FTL was introduced just between the Pen and
the OM lines, it was very quickly discontinued (obviously, because of the
introduction of the OM line).

I'd have to look up the exact data regarding the features of this line, but
if memory serves me right it's half frame, and it was introduced somewhere
near 1969.

If you want to know some more details, let me know, and then either myself
or Hans might be able to help you out (I don't think I have the book in
question with me over here in Amsterdam).

Cheers!
Olafo