[OM] Re: XA Question

Subject: [OM] Re: XA Question
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:59:09 EST
Hi again,

I just picked up an XA with an A11 flash from Marla at
Usedphotostuff.com, and so far I really have to recommend her. The camera
was listed as 9- but after cleaning it up a little I'd have to say it is
EXC/EXC+. She had it listed for $109, but by just asking her if that was
her "lowest" price she sold it to me for $79. I have my father's XA and I
thought I'd like to give my son one too. It may not be the best optically
(as I've seen discussed recently) but it is a neat little camera.

The question I have is - This new camera must not have been meant for the
US. The distance markings are metric. Was the XA a popular camera in the
rest of the world besides the US? Also, I'm ignorant on this, which
cameras (meters or feet) do they market in Canada and Mexico?

Thanks!

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA