Re: [OM] a clue for a T32

Subject: Re: [OM] a clue for a T32
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 10:38:13 +0100
Hi Wayne,
you(From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) wrote:
>>Not sure if anyone answered this, but what may be happening is that the
internal capacitor is not charging up to full potential. The flash can
still fire, but will not have full output. If you have a flash meter
you can check the flash on manual with full output and see if it puts
out full power.

Wayne

At 09:29 AM 1/9/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all the Electronic Experts,
>Everything looks fine except the fact that the charging light never
"light":
>when I switch the unit "on" I ear the "whizzz" of the charging circuit and
>after some times the condenser looks normally charged, in non TTL auto when
>I press the test button the auto check light blinks as usual. I've checked
>for the light in the finder of my OM4 Ti no ready light and when I put this
>unit on my Bounce Grip 2 the whizz don't stop after some times like with my
>other T32. <<

thanks for your answer: I've already made a test at around one meter,
following your suggestion I've made some new ones, my flashmeter is not
sophisticated ( made by a folk named John Folkes in UK in the seventies...)
but I guess sufficient.
I've test at around 5 meters in manual same results at the same distance in
normal auto same results with the auto-check light lighting on both units
 my well-known T32 and the "new-discrete" one. I've tried in bouncing the
light on a white ceiling in manual and the results are still the same...
So I think the problem is only on the "display circuit"...
any idea ?
regards
marc
Namur (Belgium)