Re: [OM] Reagan Lied, Bush Lied, Clinton Lied

Subject: Re: [OM] Reagan Lied, Bush Lied, Clinton Lied
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:22:31 -0500
I was going to stay out of this thread but I will make one e-mail.  It's
probably true today that if you want to be a successful politician, none
of us on the list would want you for a friend.  Both parties have become
involved in disgusting behavior, and at times it becomes difficult to
tell who stands for what.

I have appreciated all the comments (minus the flames) because they are
all revealing part of the picture.  Each has focused on one or more
aspects that, if taken alone, certainly is true or near truth.  I never
voted for Clinton, but I admire his way of getting out of difficult
situations, and appreciate the present economy.  He has been in office
long enough that at least some of his policy must be responsible.  But
it is also true that our economy is influenced by factors outside his
sphere of influence, and factors that are the result of past political
activity on somebody else's part.

His sexual activity is nobody else's business if it is done in private.
But he did it in the Oval Office and lied about it.  If he had told the
truth it would have been forgiven by most of us immediately.  Instead he
gave the students I teach an excuse for wrong behavior.

I appreciate those outside the US giving us their perception of what was
happening.  One of the strengths of this list is the varied viewpoints,
tremendous depth of skills and talent and a world view on so many
topics.

And now it's time for some of Ken's wonderful wit and writing skills to
move us to another topic.  How is Vert, by the way?

Gregg

david cochran wrote:

> AMEN!
>
> I just hope this thread does not become a " dividing" issue among us. I
> like very much the way we share our ideas and troubles and answers, please
> lets keep it a photography forum.
>
>     If we want to judge, think of this....politics and politicians are a
> breed by themselves I can almost put my head on a cutting table....all of
> them have lied and have skeletons in their closets....
>
> D.

<snip>