[OM] Back on Topic - Which SUV did I use to carry my OM-4t to the basket

Subject: [OM] Back on Topic - Which SUV did I use to carry my OM-4t to the basketball game?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:14:51 -0600 (CST)
A quick word of thanks for the basketball advice I received on the
list at the endof last year. My new assignment started 1/4, and to
date the Sunpack 433 is doing an admirable job. After using it both
on TTL and auto, I find that the dynamic nature of shooting
Basketball lends itself to TTL - I frequently can't predict which
side of the court my next shot will be on, and I'm having to rely on
instinct for composition (i.e. my 4th roll looks a lot better than my
first).

A couple of things I've learned so far:

1) I took way too much glass to the first couple of games. I fully
expected to be using my 180/2.8 primarily, but have found the 100 and
135 to be much more useful. My 300 and 500 have collected dust. At
tonight's game, I'm planning to get under the net and shoot at 50 and
possibly a few wide angle shots (21 or 24) for effect.

2) I definitely underestimated the amount of light in the gymnasiums.
400 film exposes properly on auto between 1/30 and 1/125 at f/4,
which has meant shooting at f/5.6 to get more pop from the flash
(freezing action). I'm going to shoot a roll of 160 tonight to see
how the added reliance on flash does.

3) I've shot C-41 B&W so far, to get quick film return (I don't have
a darkroom, and normal B&W takes 10 days to get back to me), but I
miss the contrast of Tri-X. After tonight, I'll probably go back to
Tri-X (old Faithful for me).

4) I don't support Clinton, like SUVs, wear fur, eat meat, and used
to do animal research. We spray pesticides and raise genetically
modified crops on our farm. I own a gun, am pro-choice, and support
the ACLU. I'm pro-Israel and support gay rights. That should cover it
for now.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel