Re: [OM] Another Problem...!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Problem...!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:31:50 -0700
At 06:06 PM 1/3/00 -0600, jim mueller wrote:
>Arun,
>
>After extensive tesing, I found one persistent problem. After using the
>burner and closing the program, there is a thread that is still running.
>Several times I tried to re-open MP3HS, and recieved the message, "MP3
>Home Studio is already running, please check your task bar". I had to
>reboot to kill that thread.
>
>This occurs almost 1000f the time for me.
>
>I worked on the Help file until 1:00AM last night. It's almost done.

Jim:

Can't you just kill the thread, rather than re-booting?  This works fine for me
on Windows 98 (although I still haven't found the Registry tweak that will
acknowledge my "kill" request *immediately* rather than waiting 10 - 15 seconds
like Win98 does now...).

I have a similar problem with Netscape -- when I exit, it continues running in
the background for about 30 - 60 seconds, locking up anything else I have tried
to start.  I have to kill that thread manually, too.  Netscape doesn't display
this behaviour on my notebook, so I have to assume it's something wonky (and
subtle!) on my workstation.

Garth