[OM] Tamron 70-210, 2x TC

Subject: [OM] Tamron 70-210, 2x TC
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:36:33 -0800 (PST)
Frank Ernens wrote:

=======================
I have the earlier model f/3.5-4. It's heavy, long and lacks a
tripod mount, but produces outstanding pictures, including
=======================

Tamron made (and I think still makes) a tripod collar for this lens.  It is an
optional accessory.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't work with the newer
constant f/3.5 version and the latter lens is designed in a way that lacks
adequate room in between controls on the barrel to even mount a tripod
collar if you found one.

flat-field 2x converter, which takes the magnification down to 1:1
at 210mm, to be not so good

It isn't very good on the 70-210/3.5-4, but works ok on prime lenses.
The tamron flat field 2x was designed for the 90/2.5 macro, which produces
a usable image at f/16 focused at 1:1.

Joseph