[OM] Re: Overhaul/repairment of OM-bodies in Europe?

Subject: [OM] Re: Overhaul/repairment of OM-bodies in Europe?
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:47:06 +0100
Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

<"are there any places in Europe, where it is possible to have OM-gear
serviced? "

It might be closer than you think, at least if you're based in Copenhagen.
Sweden's importer for a long time of all Olympus stuff is based in Malmö, and
so is the national service. They're called Intervison and can be found at
www.intervision.se

They do take all OM's, even the old OM1, OM2 etc, parts may not be a problem
since they have quite a few junked bodies for parts. Don't try go for a OM1
motordrive cap , I nicked the last one :-) Of course they do general service
and also the battery conversion for the OM1, prices are pretty OK I think.

I've personally have had nothing but good experiences (up 'til now, that is,
will return with complete report when all is settled), but others on this list
have somewhat mixed experiences. But having serviced this camera system for
more than 25 years they undoubtably posses the required skills.

Cheers
Ulf Westerberg
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg