Re: [OM] slides vs. negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] slides vs. negatives
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 12:21:56 EST
In Kodachrome film,
>which is a sort of three layer B&W film, the theory is almost practice
(in
>Kodachrome film the dyes are added during the developement process).
This is
>why Kodachromes are so increadible sharp, while the grain is not very
small.
>E6 films have dozens of layers with the dyes already included. E6 film
is
>therefore thick compared to Kodachrome,

yeah, but exposing K64 for 1 second or longer is not recommended by
Kodak, and you're supposed to use a color correction filter for
exposures at 1/10 sec and 1/3 stop compensation. You can expose elite
chromes for up to to 10 seconds with no compensation required. I don't
know about fuji films.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright