[OM] Photo CDs - Was slide vs neg film - my take

Subject: [OM] Photo CDs - Was slide vs neg film - my take
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:51:11 -0600
On Saturday, January 01, 2000 3:28 PM, John A. Lind
[SMTP:jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Qualex is really missing an opportunity on this one.  If they can scan
> color C-41, similarly scanning a film strip of B/W or reversal after
> developing it ought to be a "no-brainer."  I need to poke around and find
> out if one of the pro labs in the "Big City" 50 miles from here does
> PictureCD's from E-6 and/or K-14.  Most pro labs can do the much more
> expensive PhotoCD's.  One pro lab 50 miles away charges $46 (U.S.) to put
> 36 exp of 35mm on a PhotoCD, but cannot do PictureCD's; at least their
> turnaround is one day!

John,

There is a lab here in Austin - Holland Photo - that offers lots of digital
and tranny work as well as both machine and custom Ilfochrome prints.
 While their counter help leaves a bit to be desired, their tech staff "in
back" is excellent, talented, etc., and their mail order department excels
as well.

Their scans are probably even more expensive than the lab you mention
above, but they might be a resource for other services.

http://www.hollandphoto.com

No affiliation with the company other than being a customer.

Dave