Re: [OM] Olympus Pen FT

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Pen FT
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 14:51:15 -0800 (PST)
   Paul, the adapters at Keh are for OM lenses to Pen
body. Rhonda was asking if she could do just the
opposite, put a Pen 1/2 frame lens on an OM body. I
have seen the several replys to the effect that the
image circle wouldn't cover the full 35mm frame and
that is certenly a factor(18x24 diag.=30mm versus
43.4mm for 24x36). However....the main problem is that
you cannot place the Pen lens close enough to the film
to focus to infinity. The distance from the lens
flange to film in the Pen FT is 28.95mm, the OM is
46mm. You would have to place the Pen lens 17.05mm
into the OM body to focus to infinity, this would
interfere with the mirror movment not to mention all
the other mechcanical whatnots going on when the
shutter is released.