Re: [OM] We survived!

Subject: Re: [OM] We survived!
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 16:19:38 +0000
>Dirk;
>
>Congrats on surviving.  Saw a bit of that on the tube. Looked like a
>beautiful celebration, Wash. Mon. fireworks and all.  Perhaps you got
>some ADITL3 candidates?

thanks. that's what I'm hoping for.

>According to the tube, the Wash celeb was tame and short compared with
>Times Square, where revelers were still partying at 2AM, long after the
>Wash Mall had pretty much emptied.

We left soon after the monument went off. Got home about 2am. Not bad
considering.

>And, so much for all the Y2K scares, huh?  I'm actually surprised that
>there weren't some hitches as the problem was real. Kudos to those who
>worked long and hard (and got paid well!) to find and fix the problems.
>I guess the real test will come when we all get our bank and 401K
>statements in January! :>)

I was saying last night that it would have been news *if* the power grid
went down, the atm's crashed and the new world order took over. Oh well,
better luck next year. :)

>If you had had an OM-2000 along, you would have been cursing it same as
>the FM-10.  It works the same way and I think it's really a dumb
>cost-saving idea.  I mean, whats a few pennies for a simple timer
>circuit? Geez.  Although I will say that in the few occasions when I've
>used mine, I have been able to sometimes adjust the shutter speed with
>my thumb while pressing the shutter release with forefinger. Still is a
>pain though.

Well, that's it. I'm stocking up on single digit OM bodies from now on. None
of this cosina crap for me.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright