Re: [OM] street/serial photography--references requested

Subject: Re: [OM] street/serial photography--references requested
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 11:51:39 -0800
Thanks Denton, that's a great list.  Can I come over and studying in your
library?

I'm familiar with many of the more obvious (modernists): Frank, Arabs, HCB
Kate's, Hine etc.  But you've given quite a few new names to track down.

My particular interest is in experimental forms--i.e. photography that
attempts to get beyond the decisive moment.  Jeff Wall comes to mind, as
does (oh I can't remember the guys name) he did that one famous series of
self-portraits in front of various monuments in which he is wearing a Mao
jacket and cap. In Kiyooka's case that meant working with serial and/or
sequential forms.

In particular, I'm trying to tracking down photographers whose work engages
with race, especially those who resist journalism.

Cheers,
Glen
Ps. Another good book database is Endnotes: particularly handy if/when one
is a writer 'cuz it inserts citations and formats biblios automatically
(within MsWord).