Re: [OM] OT: Digital Imaging State of the Art

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Digital Imaging State of the Art
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:56:57 -0500
Reading this made me appreciate again the specialness of the human eye.
One sensor for b&w and movement, and another for full spectrum color.
Wonder what it would cost to manufacture, and how big it would be if
manmade?

Gregg

Phillip Franklin wrote:

> Tim Hughes wrote:
> "Does anybody know if the current cameras quote pixels in terms of RGB
> pixels
> or  "full spectrum" pixels? Maybe current specs are for RGB pixels not
> full spectrum."
>
><snip>
 It's not the size of the chip nor the pixel density that produces good
color.  It's the quality of the design of the ccd array. There are many
other factors to consider such