Re: [OM] slide vs neg film - my take

Subject: Re: [OM] slide vs neg film - my take
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:32:42 +0000

>So, my advice to an advanced enthusiast would be to think about what the
>photos will be used for and how much would you be prepared to spend on
>enlarged prints from your slides and negatives.
>Are you doing your own processing and printing?
>Are you building slide shows?  Competition?  Resale?

Oh, just personal use. I will never do color processing. I may in the future
do B+W.

I always thought that the traditional reason an amatuer would use slide film
was because it was cheaper to process. I remember sitting through hours of
home slide shows when I was little. My father was a sailor in the US Navy,
and he always took lots of pictures of his travels. Of course, we always had
to sit through his slide shows when he came back. It was not a pleasant
experience having this stuff jambed down your throat by a drunken,
argumentative and egotistical father.

Wow, I haven't thought about this stuff in years...I'm sure he has boxes of
faded ektachromes from all kinds of places.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright