[OM] OT: NYC Photo Lectures

Subject: [OM] OT: NYC Photo Lectures
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:29:44 -0500
NYC area residents might be interested in attending a series of photo lectures presented by Joe Zarba, Photography Director, Middle School 51.

Joe's program teaches photo skills to a not-very-affluent group of NYC public school students in Brooklyn. Inspired by the success of a recent trip of several Spanish classes to Spain, Joe is attempting to raise money so he can provide a similar (but more photographic) experience to his group of students, many of whom have never left New York, let alone the USA. Also the funds will be used to renovate the school's darkroom. Joe was written up in Shutterbug a few months ago, and I know him personally, as the school is on my block and my daughter attended.

Here's the fun part:

1/5     Bruce Davidson
1/12    Donna DeCesare
1/19    Eugene Richards
1/26    Eli Reed
2/2     Arthur Leipzig
2/9     Lucien Clergue
2/16    Vincent Cianni
3/1     Randy Duchaine
3/8     Amanda Means
3/15    Tony Velez
3/22    TBA

Admission is $10 per adult, $5 for children, students, and seniors. The lectures are Wednesday eves from 7PM to 8PM. Joe has advised me they will sign books if desired. For more info call 718-369-3181 or 718-330-9315.

MS 51
350 5th Avenue (btw 4th and 5th Streets)
Park Slope Brooklyn

You can contact me if you need directions...

See you there :-)

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.