Re: [OM] Finder optics and OM bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] Finder optics and OM bodies
From: "Tom Trottier" <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:35:17 -0500
Hi Dogbreath

Another benefit of less than life-size finders is greater brightness
since there's the same light in less area.

I'd suspect that a brighter finder (Beatti or 2-series) in your old
OM would increase it to more than the -3 & -4 since they siphon off
some light for the meter readings.

Tom

On 28 Dec 99, at 22:10, Dogbreath spoke about
*[OM] Finder optics and OM bodies..* saying

> Some thoughts about finders...
> As many of may know already, the Nikon finder appears to magnify
> less, allowing the eye to take in the whole frame more easily, but
> focusability suffers as a result. The HP finders from Nikon are
> even more like that.

And a happy New Year to you and yours.
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o    <Tom@xxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx>       ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412      No ads, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera