Re: [OM] F280 zoom adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 zoom adapter
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:43:18 EST
Hi Warren,

I've experimented with the Visual Echoes flash extender to extend the range
of the F280 in both the normal and full synchro modes. This unit is designed
for a lens of 300mm or greater and uses a 5x3-1/4" fresnel lens extended
about 6 inches from the flash head. You're supposed to pick up 2 stops. Of
course, there  is no model number for the F280 flash. I modified the unit
designed to fit the SB-26( model # FX-1). Does it work? Yes, with both modes.
Determining the actual range with this unit in place in the full synchro mode
is a little difficult, at least for me. I have done comparisons with and
without the unit in place and there's no question that the range of the flash
has been extended. I bought it from Len Rue Enterprises for about US$30.00.

Gary Faulkenberry