Re: [OM] 70-210?

Subject: Re: [OM] 70-210?
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:39:13 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Jim Mueller wrote:

:I'm not an expert and there certainly are more knowledgable people on this
list,
:so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
:
:I recently picked up a used Olympus Zuiko 65-200 f4. This is really a nice
sharp
:multicoated zoom. It's a solid, all-aluminum body one touch zoom. The zoom does
:not creep at all and it has a close focus, 1:3, capability. On this one, you
:pull the zoom towards you for 200mm and away to zoom down to 65mm. It takes
55mm
:filters.
:
:The lens does rotate when you focus. This may be a negative for some
:photographers.
:
:I like mine a bunch. I paid $170 for it in Ex+ condition. I've seen them range
:in price from $170- $300 in that condition.
:
:good luck
:
:jim mueller
:
:George Bernabe wrote:
:
:> I currently have an OM2000 but the new 70-210mm feels flimsy.  I really find
:> this range of zoom useful and was wondering what you all recommend in terms
:> of aftermarket or used lenses.  Thanks.

Redlands Camera may still have the 65-200/4 that Jim spoke about--same
price, same condition. Call (909) 793-2186 (I think), talk to David
Newman, the manager. Or I can check it out for you at the end of the week
then I pick up some K64 etc.

For lens info, test, perfomance data, etc, see Zuiko lens page links at
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/olympus.html

/AV
--
email access may be spotty as Student is upgraded/debugged over holidays;
webpage under re-organization;