RE: [OM] Moon shots blown

Subject: RE: [OM] Moon shots blown
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:27:36 -0600
On Tuesday, December 28, 1999 10:45 AM, Barry B. Bean
[SMTP:bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:12:14 -0600, Dave Bulger wrote:
>
> >2) Never keep film in the "serious" cameras (OMs)
>
> I work on just the opposite premise. I ALWAYS keep my three OMs and
> my new IS-30 loaded. The IS-30 has 400 or 800 print film, the OM-4T
> has transparencies, the Om-1N has B&W, and the OM-10 usually has 400
> print.  When I go out on a "shoot", I can count on the 4 and 1 being
> ready to go with professional film. When I'm going to a family event,
> or get unexpected visitors, I can count on the IS-30 and OM-10 having
> very forgiving print film ready to expose.

That's interesting.  I've heard comments to the same effect from at least
one other list member.

I've got the Trip 35 in the car at all times with 400 print film.  Good for
snapshots or preliminary shots of something that I might want to shoot
later.  I'll invariably visit a potential site at least twice -- once to
 find it/"see" it in various lighting, and once (or more) to shoot it.  To
date, my best work is done deliberately and with planning rather than
"grab" shots -- HCB I'm not.

Then again, multiple films in multiple bodies simultaneously will help me
justify all of the bodies I'm acquiring!

Dave