[OM] Lens comparo

Subject: [OM] Lens comparo
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:16:00 +0000

One thing I think I'd like to try is a head-to-head-to-head-to-head
comparison of all three 50s: the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.8 (SC and MC).
Since I have an example of each of these four, I'm tempted to try
some more exhaustive (and exhausting!) tests using my pro buddy's
studio setup.  Now if only I had an appropriate test target...  Any
suggestions, anyone?
<<<

Just that you be careful about your conclusions. There are, for example,
at least 5 known versions of the 50/1.8, and the best and the worst are
miles apart, mainly due to very different coatings. Olympus's relatively
late start with multicoating and their inconsistent labelling of lenses
over the years have made for many fallacious presumptions as the result
of "tests."

--Mike

www.phototechmag.com