[OM] Tricky teleconverters...

Subject: [OM] Tricky teleconverters...
From: "Bob Hood" <bhood2@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:03:40 -0700
Greetings, everybody.  I'm new to the list.  A little background:  I used
to do photography in high school with a friend, but, until recently, hadn't
touched an SLR since (some 17 years).  I now have an OM-2
(purchased for a high school course for my oldest son), an 80-200
telephoto, and a few new bites from the photography bug.

I just recently purchased two teleconverters for my OM-2 (a 2x and a
3x).  I decided to try them both out today, and some really odd behavior
resulted.

When I take the shot with the 2x installed between the lens and the
body and completely seated on both ends, the shutter trips, but just
sits there exposing the film!!  If I move it slightly in it's seat, it will
complete the shot (after completely overexposing the frame, I'm sure).
It does this unless I back off the seat to a point where it is almost
disconnected.

The 3x does something similar, but I can shift its connection so that it
will complete the exposure correctly without having to unlock it from its
seat.

Has anybody else experienced this?  It really surprised me.  Is there
some special handling I have to be aware of to use teleconverters?

Thanks for your assistance.

Render me gone,                  |||
     A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.