[OM] OM-1n update

Subject: [OM] OM-1n update
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:22:03 -0800 (PST)
OK folks, the body that had fallen off a telescope /is/ repairable,
including CLA for ~US145, which I've authorised (yes, being done in-house;
they've CLA-ed supervisor's OM1 very nicely). So my original camera
should be back in a week or so. For anyone in the area, I would recommend
Phototorium near Riverside, CA. <http://www.phototorium.com>. Processing,
service, etc, all have been fantastic. (don't carry ANY Oly gear however)
Prices are decent too. used them for school services a couple times.

In the meantime, I became a Zuikoholic finally, by ordering a minty chrome
OM-1n, CLA-ed ready to rock. Should be in my hands tomorrow :-) This will
DEFINITELY not see scope duty, but will ALWAYS be in a leather case or
tripod with me within catching range should it fall (god forbid). The old
-1n will be relegated to astrophotography and long low light exposures.
Now I can shoot B&W and E6/K14 simultaneously. To test out the new 1n, I'm
planning a shoot with Ilford or Kodak chromogenic emulsions and the
50/1.4MC lens. Should be able to handhold 1/60@f:1.4 indoors in low light.

Yours tingling with excitement,

/AV
--
webpage under re-organization; "We apologize for the inconvenience" -Adams

PS, didn't sent to Camtech due to turnover.