Re: [OM] showing age, was: the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] showing age, was: the future of OM
From: dhurley@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:03:39 -0600
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:59:11 EST ClassicVW@xxxxxxx writes:

> Even though I seemed to be saying the OM system would soon be dead,
> have you owned a Dodge recently?

What's recent?  Last one I bought was in '86--still driving it, just
rolled over 220,000 miles last week.  I bought another in 1977.  My son
still drives it.  Don't know the miles on it, at least 300,000 though.
And theres my truck, a '52 model, but it needs plug wires and points,
damned things just keep breakin' down!  Paint's getting pretty faded too.
 Think maybe I'll trade it in!  Then there's the semi-retired '29 in the
garage.  Nobody remembers how many miles it's got on it?  Casting on the
back end of the starter is cracked, haven't found a replacement part yet.
 Still runs though.  Never been restored, painted once, but interior and
mechanical are original. (there's an OM photo of it in the unofficial
gallery)

> The OMs will be around LONG after present-day Dodges
> are gone. I'm speaking from experience with both brands. Dodge =
> crapola.       George S.

You musta got the one that slipped thru quality control.  ;-)
Dary Hurley