[OM] Re: Zuiko 50/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 50/3.5
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:17:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Enough said on a rather silly topic. (Used a Rollei and 80mm, the equiv
>of a 50 for waist up portraits for years.) Why not the 3.5 macro?

Funny you should say that.  My *other* professional tool is a Rollei TLR,
the 2.8E (with an 80mm Xenotar), which I also use for portraiture.  With
a Rolleinar closeup lens, I get similar results to the Zuiko 50/3.5.

(By the way, when I spoke of the 50/2 outperforming the Summicron, I was
referring to Michael Johnstone's comments in Photo Techniques, formerly
Darkroom Techniques.  This has been documented elsewhere, I believe.  And
the Summicron is the M.)