Re: [OM] Re: sinar digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: sinar digital camera
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:14:48 +0100
Dirk Wright schrieb:

> >There is a Sinar digital camera that uses OM lenses. Its standard issue lens
> >is the 35-80, labeled as a "Digital Sinaron". I wonder if the reason Olympus
> >designed and built this lens was that they won a contract from Sinar, and
> >only
> >made it available to OM owners as an afterthought?

> wow, they didn't pick german glass!

To be honest, you can adapt nearly any lens to this digital
cameras/backs. You can even mount an Zuiko lens to an Leica camera! To
the digital body S1.
That´s no wonder because this "cameras" are basicly black boxes with an
ccd and some electronics in it. So only an adapter platine is neccessary
to adapt virtualy any lens, and, I nearly forgot, an Computer to run the
system.

Regards

Richard