Re: [OM] 21mm Zuiko Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm Zuiko Lens
From: Kurt Hurley <khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:02:03 -0800
Reynolds,

You can carefully peel back the black plastic, diamond studded, focusing
grip ring on the lens. You will need to reapply adhesive if you stretch it
too much. After peeling back the ring one portion at a time without
removing it entirely, you should locate three small screws in sequence,
located symmetrically around the portion of the lens barrel that lies
beneath the plastic grip. They will be adhesive sealed into their
respective bores from the factory. Using a jeweler's screw driver you can
tighten or loosen them to adjust the mechanical force on the aluminum
focusing helix. Loosing the screws makes the lens focus easier. Tightening
stiffens the helix. You need to loosen or tighten the screws uniformly as a
set. If you leave the screws too loose you will compromise the optimum
plane normal condition of the Len's optic axis to the film plane , so don't
overdo......good luck. I've a  successfully a couple lens using this
technique.