[OM] Correction / Clarification / Question - OM2 and T-32

Subject: [OM] Correction / Clarification / Question - OM2 and T-32
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:19:11 -0800
Recently a list member had a question about the OM2 and T-32 combination.
I believe I may have MIS spoke or was incomplete on some facts.
This is the OM2 not the 2n I refer to.

>From the beginning:  With camera on auto with the panel on the TTL control
side the flash will fire when the shutter speed needed is 1/60 or slower.
The shutter closes when sufficient light is recorded be it flash only or
flash and ambient light.  It does not matter what the actual shutter speed
ring is set to.
*In the off position the same happens.  You can not drag the shutter in this
mode.
(as I eluded to in the past, sorry) More on this to follow below.

To drag the shutter you must use manual on the camera and regular auto mode
or manual on the flash.  On mine, in this mode the flash will not fire if
the shutter speed is set to 1/125 or faster no matter how little ambient
light there is.
This prevents partial exposure of the frame.

The only difference I know of, without having a OM2n to compare, is that the
2n sets x synch and the 2 does not.  You must be sure the x synch is set on
the camera body.
If there are more differences please let me know.  (Besides the indicator in
the viewfinder.)

*Follow up from above: With the camera off and the panel on full control,
I get a reading of 1 full stop less with my flash meter than when set to
auto.
Sufficient light indicator blinks either way.  Recycle time seems about
the same.
Can anyone explain this?

Just to be more complete, if you them switch the camera to manual
you get a full discharge.  This makes sense being that the TTL setting
on the flash is the same as manual.

I know this is basic stuff but I wanted to be clear and the 1 stop
difference has me baffled.
AFAIK it doesn't happen with ambient light only.

Charlie L.
Thanks for your time