[OM] another om2sp problem

Subject: [OM] another om2sp problem
From: "Ron Crabtree" <crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:23:59 -0700
There seems to be a rash of these lately.  I have an Om2SP that seems to
function perfectly in terms of exposure, but the viewfinder readout in terms
of shutter speed will never go higher than 1/30 sec.  This is despite
turning the ISO dial as high as possible and pointing the camera at the
sun!!!.  Again, the actual shutter speed selected by the camera must be OK,
since the exposures are fine, but I have a hard time using the camera since
I have no Idea what speed I am actually shooting at.  I toyed with the idea
of the small secondary mirror  not returning after a shutter fire like it
should, but that does not seem to be the case.  Fixable?  Thanks for any
ideas.

Ron Crabtree
Santa Fe, NM
USA