Re: [OM] lens markings

Subject: Re: [OM] lens markings
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:59:16 EST
In a message dated 12/8/99 9:54:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The group photo in The OM
>  : System Lens Handbook (10/85) on page 104 shows all kinds of colours:
> yellow,
>  : brown, green, red, purple. No two lenses have identical reflections.

With my lenses I find that the reflections can look a little different
depending on the angle I am viewing at. In particular, I have a 50/1.4,
bought new, marked MC, where I can only see the green reflections at certain
angles and lighting conditions. I don't think you can draw many conclusions
about coatings based on a photograph.

Paul Schings