Re: [OM] XA fixes?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA fixes?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:19:03 -0500
A simple  fix can be cleaning and rebuilding all the contacts under the red
release button.  The switch under the sliding cover is not likely to be the
problem.  Here's why.
When the cover is closed, the switch is making contact and grounding out the
magnet, preventing the shutter from firing.  When the cover is open, it
holds the switch  open  (no contact) which allows the shutter to fire.  So
if the switch under the sliding cover is NOT making good contact, the
shutter would fire with the cover closed.
A worse case scenario is that the shutter magnet is oily (!)  There are 2
magnets in the XA.  The one you can see on the bottom controls shutter
"open" duration.  The magnet you can't see is the one that gets oily and
jams the release.

John
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743