Re: [OM] Ebay tactics

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay tactics
From: Tom Trottier <Tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 13:18:37 -0500
Cc: "Lou Riina" <lriina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 11:26 1999/12/02 +0100, you wrote:
>I thought that if you bid on an item, the only way you could track what
>happens to it is when you receive an "outbid notification" or an "auction
>ended" notification (and by viewing the item of course), and that that would
>be the end of the story. But am I to understand that if you bid once on
>something, you can still track the items status (using the "My e-Bay"
>feature) even when you've been outbid by someone else?

yes

>Ah, regarding auction tracking: there is actually another way of tracking
>auctions which I haven't seen mentioned yet, just use the "send auction to
>friend" option to send the auction info to your own e-mail address, then you
>can click on the URL in the message to see the auction status. That is the
>way I always track items when I'm interested in them, and if during the last
>few hours the price is still low enough for my likings, I will make sure to
>follow the auction closely (using two browsers) and to snipe near the
>auction end.

I prefer My Ebay, since it shows the remaining time & current bid (within a
few minutes) of all my candidates in one place.

Great for snipe planning...

Tom
Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera

From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o  Voice: +1 613 291-1168 fax(no ads, please): 594-5412
  _ \<   "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein
(*)/'(*) TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx