RE: [OM] Ebay

Subject: RE: [OM] Ebay
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:58:33 PST
> If some of you have the problem of too much money (and not enough zuikos)
> then take a look at item # 210400560 on ebay.
> Somebody is selling an OM 4T + a ton of stuff. Opening price: 3.000 $. He > has listed how he has calculated the sum and the price seems fair enough.
> So if you want to give yourself a Christmas present....;-)

Taken individually, some of the prices are way too high and some are
reasonable.
If he expects to get that total as a lump sum for whole collection, it ain't
gonna happen. Adding it all up, it looks like $6000.00 worth of gear at his
prices,
but at ebay prices, it would be significantly lower. I would be very surprised to see the bidding go as high as $4000.00, and more likely it won't be too much
above $3000.00. And note that the $3000.00 bid doesn't meet reserve.

On the other hand, some really weird things can happen on ebay............

Since it hasn't met reserve, I think I'll put in a little tracking bid so its
easier to follow...

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

I am not usually one to critisize, but do you mean to say that you are going to bid on this item with no intention of buying it simply because you are too lazy to click your mouse to find out how much it sells for? And what if you put a bid on it and - horror of horrors - the reserve was met? Would you honour your bid? Do you go to home auctions and bid just for fun? Mind you I suppose that the other 3 eople who have bid on this item are just like you! If you don;t want to buy it then don;t make it harder for others who *are* interested.