Re: [OM] Exposure compensation on snow

Subject: Re: [OM] Exposure compensation on snow
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:32:00 -0500
Noel,

I assume you're talking about the highlight spot metering compensation. My advise is to do a few test exposures and evaluate your results. 2 stops is "standard" for movement from Zone 5 to Zone 7, which will place most highlights at textured white on transparency film. Results will differ for B&W. You could vary the amount of compensation offered by the highlight or shadow buttons by setting the overall exposure compensation up or down.

Skip