Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:11:45 -0600
At 06:10 PM 11/29/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Joel, I still don't get it. . . .wouldn't a faulty ASA dial cause the
>same error in both the preview reading and exposure timing?
>
>Morgan Sparks

There are two separate circuits meant to be coincident: the display circuit
and the OTF/curtain exposure circuit. The latter can be working fine when
the other is not.  In my experience, turning the ASA dial (as though in
this case to affect exposure compensation, not change ASA speed) can
correct a problem that causes the display to be "off" in relation to the
actual exposure.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA