Re: [OM] focusing screen?

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screen?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:06:46 EST
Paul writes:

<< There are a few options for your OM-1n in regards to brighter screens. >>

Let me add another: I can supply ANYONE interested with a Minolta Focusing
Screen 90 / 70 Type PM (central split image surrounded by a microprism circle
on matte) or a Type L (grid on matte).  This will fit (when centered well) on
the OM-1(n) and OM-2(n) focusing screen frame.  I wouldn't recommend it for
the OM-2S through OM-4(T)(i) class of bodies since some edge will show.

You will get the brightness associated with a 2 series Olympus screen without
the need to file off a tab.  However, I haven't tried meter testing with a 1
series Olympus screeen vs. the Minolta screen. Perhaps someone else has?

Cost: $25 postpaid.  Contact me off-list if interested.

Gary Reese