Re: [OM] (Fwd) Bounce Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Bounce Grip 2
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:35:18 +0100
: Right now the only connector I have is the built in PC
: cord. This seems to fit rather loosely in the FP/X socket
: of both my OM bodies. Sometimes the flash does not fire and
: I suspect that it must be this poor connection. Is this a
: common problem with these units?

This is a common problem with PC cords in general - after a while they may get a
bit loose - use a small pincer or tongs to carefully bend the outer ring of the
plug slightly together. It should take some force to push it inside the camera.

: I believe that the built-in connector only provides flash
: sync.

Yes.

: For OTF flash with my T32 what is the best connector
: arrangement?

A TTL Auto Cord T 0.3m or 0.6m. The latter is a spiral type, extendable from 0.3
to 0.6m.

: There is a socket on the T32 as well as at
: the base of the BG2. Does it matter which is used?

No. The PBG2 has its own socket so that you can use it with the T20 (and also
with
the F280, although w/o power supply).

: When four C cells are present does it work independently
: of the AA's in the flash unit?

Yes. It will also operate with batteries only in the flash or only in the Grip.
Normally they are used together for fastest recycling time.

: Any other tips or comments about the BG2 are welcome.

http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/power_bounce_grip.htm

H@nz